1. Allerguard Package Insert. July 2016.
2. Eichel A et al. Meta-Analysis of the Efficacy of Ectoine Nasal Spray in Patients with Allergic Rhinoconjunctivitis. Journal of Allergy. 2014.
3. Pawankar R et al. (eds) WAO White Book on Allergy 2011 World Allergy Organization.
5.Salapatek A et al. Ectoin®, a Novel, Non-Drug, Extremophile-Based Device, Relieves Allergic Rhinoconjunctivitis Symptoms in Patients in an Environmental Exposure Chamber Model. 2011 AAAAI Annual Meeting.
Disclaimer: This editorial has been commissioned and brought to you by iNova Pharmaceuticals. This editorial has content that includes independent comments and opinions from independent healthcare providers and are the opinions and experiences of that particular healthcare provider which are not necessarily that of iNova Pharmaceuticals. Content in this editorial is for general information only and is not intended to provide medical or other professional advice. For more information on your medical condition and treatment options, speak to your healthcare professional. IN2684/18
- Allergic Rhinitis – Allergy Foundation South Africa (http://www.allergyfoundation.co.za/patient-information/en/allergic-diseases/allergic-rhinitis/) (Website accessed on 25 January 2018)
- Allergic Rhinitis Overview –American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology (http://acaai.org/allergies/types/hay-fever-rhinitis) (Website accessed on 25 January 2018)
- Pawankar et al. World Allergy Organization – WAO White Book on Allergy. Prevalence of Allergies. 2011
- AFSA list of approved products– Allergy Foundation South Africa (http://www.allergyfoundation.co.za/approved-products/) (Website accessed on 25 January 2018)
- Allerguard instruction of use. July 2016
Proprietary name (and dosage form): Allerguard Allergy Nasal Spray. Marketed by: iNova Pharmaceuticals (Pty) Ltd. Reg.No.: 1952/001640/07. 15E Riley Road, Bedfordview, Gauteng, South Africa, 2007. Tel. No.: 011 087 0000 www.inovapharma.co.za. For full prescribing information, refer to the package insert. Further information available at www.allerguard.co.za or on request from iNova Pharmaceuticals. IN2331/16